WARM UP QUESTIONS:
- What is the most physically challenging thing you have ever done? What did it do for you?
SCRIPTURE STUDY: Acts 12:1-17 and Mark 4:3-8
- There are things that we all do to comfort ourselves, address our anxiety, fill our silences, when it is God we should turn to in need. What do you rely on? Is there anything that you think might be beneficial to forgo for a period of time in this 21 days?
- With our ‘Seeking God’ we need to be like Peter and persevere and “keep knocking.” What things have you found testing your resolve to fast and pray in the last 7 days? What has helped you?
- From the past or present, describe a ‘chains being broken’ moment or a ‘light goes on’ moment where you found a way forward.
- What have you sensed God doing in your life or speaking to you this past week as you’ve been fasting?
- Identify your Christian group of people that you can live transparently with as ‘good soil.’ As Bruce said this does not have to be a group of friends just a group of people who love God. You will need this during the 21 days of prayer and fasting especially! Gather strength from this group and pray for each other today.
- Looking back at your notes from this week’s Message, was there anything that particularly caught your attention, challenged or confused you?