WARM UP QUESTIONS:
Do you know someone who has been through suffering and displayed inspiring faith in the midst of it? Share.
SCRIPTURE STUDY: Romans 5:1-5
- Reflect on Sunday’s Scriptures using the following questions:
What do you see?
What do you think it means for you?
What do you think God is saying to you about it?
What are you going to pray about it?
What are you going to do about it?
- Define fear of suffering. What kind of suffering do you fear?
- Discuss the concept of rejoicing and worshiping God in our sufferings. When we suffer well, with hope, what does that show the world around us?
- How can a believer move from knowing the truth to experiencing peace and joy in the midst of suffering?
- Are you currently suffering? Able to rejoice/worship in it? Do the benefits of suffering seem worth it? How can your group help you lean into your faith?
Ask God that as we face sufferings we’d remember to persevere, building Christ-like character and an unwavering hope in Him.