WARM UP QUESTIONS:
- Start of by asking group to share of a time when they couldn’t find something that was right in front of them. (Husbands not finding shirts which wife finds! Glasses on head, car in parking lot) Leaders be ready to share some of your experiences!
SCRIPTURE STUDY: Luke 24: 13-35
- Reflect on Sunday’s Scripture using the following questions:
What do you see?
What do you think it means for you?
What do you think God is saying to you about it?
What are you going to pray about it?
What are you going to do about it?
- Read Luke 24:32. The two travellers just experienced “Godly heartburn.” They finally realized that God was in control the whole time and they just needed to have faith. Discuss a situation in your life that, after looking back, you realized God was in control of the whole time, even if you didn’t believe it while everything was occurring.
- How are you doing in the area of sharing the love of Christ to those around you (school, work place, home)? How did God use you to show up in someone’s life this past week?
- How are your expectations of the Christian life sometimes changed by life’s trials? Have you ever felt like running away or throwing in the towel spiritually?
- Why are we so often “slow of heart to believe?” (24:25) Have you ever been guilty of unbelief? What do you think prevents people from believing in Jesus?
- On the road of life that you are on today, is the cause of Christ burning in your heart, or would you say that you need Jesus to come alongside and breathe His words upon the embers of
Dedicate your heart, mind, and life to God. Ask Him to give you new opportunities to encounter Him every day.
Pray that you would grow in your relationship with God and passion for Him would burn in your hearts and in those we reach.
Pray for those you know who have not encountered Christ yet. Ask God to open their eyes, hearts, and minds to His truth.