WARM UP QUESTION:
What do you love most about the gift of sight?
SCRIPTURE STUDY: Mark 10:46-52
- Reflect on Sunday’s Scriptures using the following questions:
What do you see?
What do you think it means for you?
What do you think God is saying to you about it?
What are you going to pray about it?
What are you going to do about it?
- Describe a time when you have been faced with people (faceless crowd) who stop you being who you could be. Are there people in your life whom you might be holding back from being who God has called them to be?
- What might the Lord be leading you to do but it might be difficult because of people rebuking you?
- Bartimaeus “throws off his cloak.” He leaves his “place and position” of former life. He no longer trusts in the cloak he sits on to beg. He’s now trusting Jesus. What things and people are you sometimes tempted to trust instead of Jesus? What makes us slow to “throw off our cloaks.”
- Jesus invites Bart to “go his way” but after this transformational encounter with Jesus his way becomes Jesus’ way. This is God’s grace. How has “going your way” transformed into going Jesus’ way?