WARM UP QUESTIONS:
- Describe a time when you really wanted something in your life.
- What did you have to do to get it? or give it up?
Matthew 7:21 Matthew 6:25-33 Jeremiah 29:13
- In the message, Bruce explained that our lives as Christians can be boiled down to just, ‘keeping the rules, prayers and avoiding sin.’ What are your thoughts about this and discuss a time when you have gone through the motions in this way?
- In the busyness of knowing about God, have you been guilty of not coming to know God?
- Are you spending time alone with God? What does it mean to truly seek or strive first for His Kingdom?
- Typically, we seek God’s face when we are out of all other options, when we are at the end of ourselves, when something important is at stake, or when an urgent situation is looming and nothing else will do. Describe a time that this was you.
- For 21 days in May, our Community will be God Seekers together:
- Pray with Desire – ‘I want to encounter you.’
- Pray with Expectation – ‘There will be a moment.’
- Pray with Commitment – ‘I will do this until you turn up.’
What can we do – with no preconditions – to go after God to encounter Him?
- Looking back at your notes from this week’s Message, was there anything that particularly caught your attention, challenged or confused you?