WARM UP QUESTION:
What is the worst storm you’ve ever been through?
SCRIPTURE STUDY: Mark 4:35-43
- Reflect on Sunday’s Scriptures using the following questions:
What do you see?
What do you think it means for you?
What do you think God is saying to you about it?
What are you going to pray about it?
What are you going to do about it?
- As this text begins, Jesus needs to rest. What do you do when you feel tired in your spiritual journey?
- Are you ever annoyed when it looks like God is sleeping and ignoring the situation that has swamped you and threatens to drown you?
- In verse 41, the disciples ask each other, “Who is this? Even the wind and the waves obey him!” Tell us a time God blew away your concept of Him by a display of His power?
- In what areas of your life are you tempted to respond with fear rather than faith?
- In the midst of this world that is not perfect, and neither am I – how do I live with a sense of peace knowing God has muzzled the storm?