WARM UP QUESTIONS:
- If you could wish one thing to come true this year, what would it be?
- One thing that I try to hide from other people is…
- What are the things that make it hard to be honest with each other? What are the things that make it easier?
SCRIPTURE STUDY: Luke 23:12-43
- In the Scripture, the thief knew that he had done wrong in his past but was honest with himself about that. Has there been a time when you have run away from things that you have done and not faced up to?
- The thief asked ‘Do you not fear God?’ Rosemary describe this as, “fearing God is when pleasing God becomes your greatest priority and joy.” In this sense, can you describe yourself as God fearing?
- In the Scripture, the thief says to Jesus, “if you are who you say in heaven…. remember me.” Even though he was able to speak to Jesus on the cross he still had an element of doubt about who Jesus was. When we talk to Jesus, are we truly honest? What ways do you find it easy to be honest and what ways do you find it difficult?
- The Father with the son possessed by demons says to Jesus, “I believe. Help my unbelief.” If we are honest, there is a part of us that does not believe but are we honest in admitting our unbelief? What is your biggest area of unbelief?
- Rosemary’s challenge was how can we call others when we haven’t been there ourselves? What changes do you need to make this week and what do you need to pray for to live the way God wants you to live – to be more honest in your relationships and walking towards the light of mercy and grace?
- Looking back at your notes from this week’s Message, was there anything that particularly caught your attention, challenged or confused you?