WARM UP QUESTIONS
- What big challenge have you taken on recently?
- If you could give one piece of advice to pass on to the next generation, what would it be?
SCRIPTURE STUDY: Luke 11:9-13, Acts 2:1-13
- Discuss your obstacles to being used by God in the past and right now.
– Being too conservative – do you have faith beyond what can be seen and safe?
– Vagueness – Asking God to do whatever He wants whereas Scripture removes vagueness.
– Problems with sin and guilt – being captured in habits when we can go to God and repent.
– Feelings of inadequacy – sense of unworthiness can close our hearts to the Holy Spirit.
– Fear and fearing what God might cause us to give up or do
– Thinking you are not the ‘type.’ God is after heart not type.
- Discuss your prayer times this week and what has come up for you?
Prayer Method for Seeking the Holy Spirit (From the Message on Sunday)
1. Pick an amount of time (e.g. 15 minutes) for dedicated time with God.
2. Spend half the time doing your normal prayer method e.g. PERSONAL.
3. Spend half the time reading Scripture or Spiritual Reading (e.g. The Saints)
4. Answer the following questions
– What did I see?
– What do I think it means?
– What am I going to do about it?
5. Impact Groups for Spiritual Accountability and Encouragement
- As a priority, this week – Take time to pray for the Holy Spirit to come to each of the members of your Impact group and for the whole community.