WARM UP QUESTIONS:
1. What are you passionate about? (NRL, Christmas shopping, Music, Movember, etc.) What inspires your passion and why?
SCRIPTURE STUDY: Philippians 3:4-14
1. In this chapter, Paul addresses the value of human achievement. What is one of your biggest achievements? Or what is one skill that that you could brag about? How do you think your life would be different if knowing Christ was your primary goal?
2. Where do you consider yourself along this journey?
- At the beginning
- Off the path
- Moving slowly but moving
- Somewhere in the middle
- Running strong with my eye on the goal
- Near perfection
3. Rate and discuss yourself on the characteristics of ‘zeal’ as described by Bruce in the Message (1-10).
Dependence on God
Hunger for growth
Talking about what God is doing.
4. Is anything more important in my life than my relationship with Jesus Christ? Does my desire to know Christ exceed all other aspirations? Am I a zealous Christian? If not, how can I reprioritize my relationship with Christ? Who can help me rearrange my life?
5. Paul says that he has forgotten what lies behind and strains forward to what lies ahead. He is not spiritually stagnant, nor is he thinking that he has already been “perfected” spiritually. How do you go about pursuing spiritual growth in your life? How do you overcome spiritual ruts? Is your spiritual growth evident to others who are closest to you and who have known you for some time?
6. Looking back at your notes from this week’s Message, was there anything that particularly caught your attention, challenged or confused you?