WARM UP QUESTIONS:
- What is the most generous thing that ever happened to you? …such as when someone gave you a car, sent you on a trip, fixed your house, paid your bill, or something like that…share your story.
SCRIPTURE STUDY: Psalm 112
- Reflect on Sunday’s Scripture using the following questions:
What do you see?
What do you think it means for you?
What do you think God is saying to you about it?
What are you going to pray about it?
What are you going to do about it?
- In Psalm 112 we learn that God blesses those who fear Him (meaning ‘Reverence and Awe Him with your whole heart’). Are you living your life and worshipping God in a way that could be described as wholehearted?
- In v.5 the psalm says, “It is well with those who deal generously and lend, who conduct their affairs with justice.”
- It can be difficult to live a generous life. How generous are you?
- Do you live within your means and honour God with your income or do you have a tight grip on your money and material things?
- Do you give others your time or do you find yourself too busy?
- Talk about times in your life when you were generous and how it impacted you and those around you.
- This week, how will you stand up and take the lead as the Christians of the New Testament who delight in the commandments and have reverence and awe for God?