WARM UP QUESTIONS:
- Share about a time when you felt most connected to a group of people?
SCRIPTURE STUDY: John 15:1-8
- How can we pursue intimacy (abiding) with God beyond our spiritual reading/saying of prayers and the Bible? How can we get to the point where we genuinely pour out our hearts to him in prayer and express our deep surrender to truly abide in Him?
- What’s interfering with our growth in Christ, our worship of Christ, our practice of abiding? What makes us wander? What distracts us?
- Have you ever experience a time or season in your life when you were not remaining in close contact with the vine? What was this period like? What helped you to address it?
- What does Jesus mean by pruning? Why is it so necessary? What needs to be pruned in your life right now? Have you experienced the pruning work of the Father in your life?
- “If you abide in me, and my words abide in you, ask for whatever you wish, and it will be done for you.” The promise is that as we abide in Christ, we can ask for whatever we wish and it will be done. What is your wish for your life and our Church Community right now that requires you to abide more in Christ?