WARM UP QUESTIONS:
If you could have one thing tailor-made or custom designed just for you, what would it be?
SCRIPTURE STUDY: 1 Samuel 17
- Reflect on Sunday’s Scripture using the following questions:
What do you see?
What do you think it means for you?
What do you think God is saying to you about it?
What are you going to pray about it?
What are you going to do about it?
- Describe a tag you wear that has been given to you by others like parents, workmates, friends or family? (To help, think you are too………)
- David said, “I cannot walk with these, for I am not used to them.” What tags have you attached to yourself that you might need to step away from and say, “I cannot walk with these!” (To help, I am too …….)
- Have you been living a life so far beneath what God has called you to live because you’ve been wearing shoes that don’t fit or an attitude or lifestyle that was never intended for you? What is God calling you to right now?
- David was more confident in his identity and uniqueness in Christ than in the armour that was offered to him. He knew the battle and the victory belonged to the Lord. Discuss a situation in your life that you that you can surrender knowing that the victory belongs to the Lord.
PRAY FOR EACH OTHER, OUR LEADERS AND OUR COMMUNITY