WARM UP QUESTION
- What is a rule that was non-negotiable to you in your family when you were a child? What is non-negotiable rule in your household now? eg., Never drink from the milk bottle! Never go to bed on an argument!
SCRIPTURE: Luke 18:9-14
1. Are you someone who gets stuck on the rules when it comes to faith and God or are you, a near enough is good enough person? In other words, how do you make decisions of conscience on subjects such as gossip, truth telling, money, relationships, etc.
2. When you consider God who is loving and kind toward people how do you think He views your personal decision making process?
3. Read Luke 18:9-14. How does this apply to you by asking?
What do I see?
What do I think it means?
What am I going to do about it?
- Are you living from Rules or Relationships?
- Are you someone who wants to be used by God?
- Are you asking your group if you prayed today?
- Are you asking the Holy Spirit to transform you?