WARM UP QUESTIONS:
If you were stranded in the wilderness, what would you want in your survival kit?
SCRIPTURE STUDY: 1 Kings 19:4-5
- Reflect on Sunday’s Scripture using the following questions:
What do you see?
What do you think it means for you?
What do you think God is saying to you about it?
What are you going to pray about it?
What are you going to do about it?
- Elijah was known as the greatest of all prophets. He just experienced the two greatest spiritual victories of his lifetime: the defeat of the prophets of Baal, and the answered prayer for rain. But he feels alone, afraid, discouraged and depressed – his life had been threatened. When someone threatens you, how do you tend to react? Why?
- Run and hide (I hate confrontation!)
- Puff up your chest and confront them.
- Back down and take it.
- Communicate in a healthy way.
- Curl up in a ball and cry.
- God says, ‘ I am who I am!’ ‘I am the bread of life.’ He provided for Elijah at the lowest part of his life and He is the God who is with each of us and always faithful to His promises. What area of your life needs sustaining and what parts need re-shaping right now?
- PRAY AND PROCLAIM WITH CONVICTION:
I am more than my fears; I am more than my worries;
I am more than my failures; I am more than my work
I am more than my addiction; I am more than my physical pains;
I am more than my emotional pains; I am more than my financial situation;
I am more than my unfaithfulness; I am more than my hate;
I am more than my resentments; I am more than my sins.