WARM UP QUESTIONS:
If you had to choose one person in your life that you think defines the greatest human love you have ever known, who would it be and why?
SCRIPTURE STUDY: Ephesians 3:14-19
- Reflect on Sunday’s Scripture using the following questions:
What do you see?
What do you think it means for you?
What do you think God is saying to you about it?
What are you going to pray about it?
What are you going to do about it?
- ‘Identity is characteristics distinguishing a person and also affinity or being one with a person. ’What are things apart from God on which you build your identity?
- What are some real-world experiences with people loving us that might cloud the fulness of our comprehension of God’s love?
- Paul says, “for this reason I bow my knees before the Father,” How would you consider your posture before God? Do you have a difficult time accepting that God is your Father? Why or why not?
- Notice that there are 4 main things that Paul prays for in this letter to the Ephesians:
- The Ephesians would be strengthened with power so that Christ would dwell in their hearts by faith,
- To be rooted and grounded in God’s love,
- To know the God’s love and to be filled with it,
- For God’s glory.
What holds you back from wholeheartedly believing these truths? Think of specific issues you may be facing. You may be saying, “I am a child of God, BUT…”
- PRAY FOR EACH OTHER