WARM UP QUESTIONS:
- Can you remember a time when you were asked to do a menial, demeaning job? What was your reaction?
SCRIPTURE STUDY: John 13:3-20
- What “jobs” or responsibilities in the church would you consider to be equivalent to foot-washing? How would you react if asked to perform one of these tasks?
- Would you have more trouble washing someone else’s feet or allowing them to wash yours? Why?
- Discuss how Jesus contrasts the ways of this world with God’s Kingdom. Jesus exemplifies a servant leader. Share about someone you know personally who has chosen a lifestyle of servanthood.
- Take inventory of your life. Who are you truly serving: God, others, or yourself? Write down one way you can serve your family, your church, and also someone else in need this month – then do it. Share with your group (this week or next) and hold each other accountable.
- Looking back at your notes from this week’s Message, was there anything that particularly caught your attention, challenged or confused you?