WARM UP QUESTIONS:
- If you knew that you had less than 24 hours left to live, what would you do?
Would you choose to serve others? That’s what Jesus did.
SCRIPTURE STUDY: John 13:3-17
- What “jobs” or responsibilities in the church would you consider to be equivalent to foot-washing?
- “So if I, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you also ought to wash one another’s feet. 15 For I have set you an example, that you also should do as I have done to you.
Jesus here challenges us to engage in foot washing activities. But sometimes the greater challenge is to allow others to wash our feet. Which do you find most challenging: “washing feet” or allowing others to wash your feet by serving you?
- In what ways does my heart reflect the servingspirit of the Savior? In what ways has my attitude contrasted with His example of serving?
- What needs to change in your life in order for you to serve and love people the way that Jesus did?
- Each of us is part of the body of Christ with our own unique role to play. How will you abide more in Jesus and become a ‘servant’ to serve our Church community in this next season?