WARM UP QUESTION:
Who are the four people who helped you most in coming to faith in Christ? Write them a thank you note to encourage them this week.
SCRIPTURE STUDY: Mark 2:1-12
- Reflect on Sunday’s Scripture using the following questions:
What do you see?
What do you think it means for you?
What do you think God is saying to you about it?
What are you going to pray about it?
What are you going to do about it?
- Who in this story do you currently relate to the most: the crowd, the paralytic, the four friends, or the teachers of the law, the homeowner (with a broken roof)? Why?
- “We must grow in boldness and faith that God will use us in amazing ways right where we are.” In what areas of your life do you need more boldness and faith to be able to experience the Kingdom of God and experience miracles?
- Are you as driven or burdened to see lost people come to Jesus as these 4 men were to bring their friend for healing? Does this burden result in you exerting effort on their behalf? Write down at least 1 way you will act differently next week toward those who are in need of someone to bring them to Jesus.
- How will you purify your life or what is something you can sacrifice in order to make the Kingdom of God present in your world?
- Pray for each other.