WARM UP QUESTIONS:
- Who was your first celebrity crush?
- Have you ever been in love? What did it feel like at first?
Matthew 7:21 Matthew 6:25 Mark 12:28
- When Bruce talks about being in love with God, how do you respond to those words? Can you relate? Do you walk with God, intimately and regularly? Or are your experiences with God usually mediated by something or someone (books, sermons, pastor’s voice, fellowship, etc.)?
- If intimacy with God is a thermometer in your relationship with Him, on a scale of 1 to 10 (highest) where would you rate your intimacy right now, and why?
- Do you feel like you’ve been taught “backwards”; learning first how to please God and then afterwards expected to fall more in love with Him? Take an inventory of your heart and check your motives. What motivates you to act “godly” and do certain “church activities”? Is it a passionate, consuming, and overflowing love for God that pushes you to do those things?
- Do you struggle with the idea that we are to love God with our complete selves? Do you hold back anything from God? Do you feel vulnerable opening your heart so wide to him?
- What practical way will you choose to stay in love with God today? Begin thinking and praying in preparation for May in anticipation and expectation of the season for us as individuals and community.
- Looking back at your notes from this week’s Message, was there anything that particularly caught your attention, challenged or confused you?