WARM UP QUESTIONS:
Invite the group to think for a moment about this question: When you were a child what was your biggest fear? Share responses.
SCRIPTURE STUDY: Luke 5:12-16 and 1 Samuel 17: 4-58
- Reflect on Sunday’s Scriptures using the following questions:
What do you see?
What do you think it means for you?
What do you think God is saying to you about it?
What are you going to pray about it?
What are you going to do about it?
- Why do you think God did not choose someone who was qualified (by worldly standards) to fight Goliath, but instead chose young David?
- Share a time when you were so concerned for God’s name (reputation) that you had to do something. What did you do?
- David’s passion for God’s glory drove him to fight Goliath. What does your passion drive you to do?
- When you face a problem or difficulty (a Giant) do you think about how God might be glorified in the situation or do you mainly focus on just getting out?
- In what ways does your life demonstrate that you are confident in God’s power? In what ways does your life demonstrate you are not confident in God’s power? What needs to take place so you can be confident in God’s power?
You know each of our fears. You know the giants in our lives that torment us and taunt us. Will You help us to turn our lives over to You so You can help us overcome our giants and have hope again? Help us to receive the power that comes from you alone? We want to be like David, trusting, hopeful, courageous and empowered by You and You alone. Amen