WARM UP QUESTION:
When you think of the word “sacrifice” what kind of thoughts and emotions go through your head? Do you view sacrifice as something you look forward to doing or something that you dread? Explain.
SCRIPTURE STUDY: Mark 10:17-31
- Reflect on Sunday’s Scriptures using the following questions:
What do you see?
What do you think it means for you?
What do you think God is saying to you about it?
What are you going to pray about it?
What are you going to do about it?
- What am I ultimately depending on in life?
- What is God calling you to sell in order to follow Him? This question is not limited to material possessions. In other words, what worldly treasures or pleasures or dreams (or even comforts and securities) is God calling you to lose for His sake? Or, what things have you surrendered in the past?
- Bruce talked about the cost of faith (“take up your cross, count the cost, lose your life, be like a child, sell everything you have”). Have you seen your faith as costly? Do you count the cost of being a Christian?
- What “impossible” thing(s) would you like to see God do in your heart so that you can depend on Him more? What struggles would you like to see God change in your life? (Pray about these things privately, if you do not feel comfortable sharing them with the whole group.)