WARM UP QUESTIONS:
- Have you ever observed or been a part of a “coincidence” in which two people seem to have been brought together by God at just the right time, for some purpose they couldn’t have foreseen or planned? Share with the group.
SCRIPTURE STUDY: Acts 2:2-4
- Reflect on Sunday’s Scripture using the following questions:
- What do you see?
- What do you think it means for you?
- What do you think God is saying to you about it?
- What are you going to PRAY about it?
- What are you going to DO about it?
- This is an incredibly dramatic scene that must have been both exhilarating and terrifying for those present. What do you think it would have felt like to be one of the disciples in this scene?
- With the gift of the Holy Spirit, the disciples were transformed from withdrawn and scared men into brave and proclaiming witnesses. What does this tell us about the power of the Holy Spirit? What’s the implication for our own situation and prayers?
- Father Cantalamessa describes the Holy Spirit as, “the love that flows between the Father and the Son in the trinity.” How have you experienced the work of the Spirit? How has He brought about change in you?
- Where today do you specifically need the comfort, assurance, guidance or power of the Holy Spirit?