WARM UP QUESTIONS:
- Describe and share about your most significant relationship (other than husband or wife) in your life so far. Why has that person been significant?
SCRIPTURE STUDY: Matthew 16:24-25
Discipleship is an ‘Invitation to a Relationship’ and a ‘Challenge to Change.’
- Discipleship is about becoming like Jesus. Is this something that is a driving force in your life every day or is it something you give little thought to possibly like most people? Why are you like you are when it comes to being a disciple?
- “Do our lives look like the lives of those we see in the Scriptures in terms of the qualities they possessed.” This statement from the Message gets to the very heart of our devotion to God. What do you need to do to make this question true? Where do you need to change?
- Does your environment affect how you are approach becoming a disciple? What people do you need in your life and what do you need to become the ‘disciple’ you know God is calling you to become.
- Read Matthew 16:24-25. How does this apply to you by asking?
What do I see?
What do I think it means?
What am I going to do about it?
What am I going to pray about it?
- Looking back at your notes from this week’s Message, was there anything that particularly caught your attention, challenged or confused you?