WARM UP QUESTION:
“Sometimes we don’t see what’s right in front of us.” Describe a time that you thought you could see something clearly, but you were wrong!
SCRIPTURE STUDY: Matthew 16: 13-16
- Reflect on Sunday’s Scripture using the following questions:
What do you see?
What do you think it means for you?
What do you think God is saying to you about it?
What are you going to pray about it?
What are you going to do about it?
- Imagine that Jesus was speaking to you and asking you the same question that He posed to the disciples? “Who do people say that the Son of Man is?” What do people say about Jesus in our culture? How do they view Him?
- Now imagine that Jesus asked you, “Who do you say that I am.” Who is Jesus to you? What does He mean to you?
- “We value relationship with God as the supreme task of life.” Reflecting on your activities in the last week, discuss how are you living out this value?
- “We value people who believe and or feel disconnected from God and the Church.” For next week, what is one thing you can do to live this value?
- Pray for the intentions of the Community and each other.