WARM UP QUESTIONS:
- Tell about a time when you found yourself calling to mind a familiar hymn or relied on a memorized prayer or lines of scripture when your own words failed you?
SCRIPTURE STUDY: John 15:1-11
- Reflect on Sunday’s Scripture using the following questions:
- What do you see?
- What do you think it means for you?
- What do you think God is saying to you about it?
- What are you going to PRAY about it?
- What are you going to DO about it?
- Have you ever had the sense that God is speaking directly to you through Scripture?
- Have you ever undergone the pruning process so that you can produce more fruit? Was that process painful? Was the result worth undergoing the pruning process?
- Would you describe yourself as someone who bears fruit for God? Why or why not?
- Memorising and sharing Scripture is, “setting up a home in God so that He can set up a home in us.” Are you abiding in Jesus at this point in your life? If not, what would have to change for you to say that you are abiding in Jesus?
- Rosemary described the word of God as transformational and challenged us with this question. Is the word of God powerful and active in our life?